We believe teaching parents how to parent is a collaborative process that requires patience, empathy, and flexibility. It is our goal to work with parents to create a plan that is tailored to their specific needs and goals.
We teach using methods that are based on peer-reviewed research and that we are qualified to implement and teach. We stay knowledgeable on the most up to date research.
We work one-on-one with parents to help them develop effective parenting strategies tailored to their child's needs. This can involve modeling appropriate behaviors and providing feedback and support.
We help you become aware of your own parenting style, biases, and beliefs. We encourage you to reflect on how your actions and attitudes may be impacting your child's behavior.
We offer resources such as books, articles, and videos that help teach you about child development, effective discipline techniques, and communication strategies.
We offer emotional support and encouragement, especially during challenging times. We can connect you to other parents to share experiences and strategies in a supportive environment.
We offer regular feedback to you on your progress and successes. We encourage you to celebrate your successes and learn from your mistakes.
Unlocking the potential within every child, our ARD Advocacy services at Sunshine Behavior Support guide and empower parents through the intricacies of the Admission, Review, and Dismissal (ARD) process in the educational system. Our experienced advocates stand alongside parents, ensuring a clear understanding of their child's rights and facilitating constructive communication with educators. By navigating the complexities of ARD meetings, we empower parents to actively contribute to the development of a personalized education program (IEP) tailored to their child's unique needs. At Sunshine Behavior Support, we believe in fostering a collaborative environment that champions the best interests of each child, providing comprehensive support to parents throughout this critical educational journey. mental and physical health so you can be the best YOU for your child. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help your family.
Please contact us if you cannot find an answer to your question.
A parenting coach is a professional who works with individuals, families, and organizations to analyze and modify behavior patterns. They use their expertise to help clients improve their behavior, overcome negative habits or behaviors, and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Parenting coaches typically work with clients who are experiencing behavioral problems, such as aggression, self-harm, or other maladaptive behaviors. They help families develop new coping strategies, set goals, and establish healthy habits to achieve success.
Some common tasks of a parenting coach may include:
Overall, parenting coaches work to help clients achieve their personal goals and improve their quality of life by modifying their behavior patterns.
You may want to consider contacting a behavior coach if your child is engaging in challenging or atypical behaviors that are impacting the family unit. Here are some examples of situations where you might want to consider contacting us:
Our parent coaching is virtual and therefore, we are not able to accept clients with severe behaviors. If you are seeking these services, please reach out and we can give you some recommendations.
Parent coaching can offer numerous benefits to parents and families, including:
1. Improved parent-child relationships: Parent coaching can help parents develop stronger, more positive relationships with their children by teaching them effective communication skills, positive reinforcement techniques, and how to manage challenging behaviors.
2. Increased parental confidence: Parent coaching can help parents feel more confident in their parenting skills and ability to handle difficult situations, which can reduce stress and improve overall well-being.
3. Better understanding of child development: Parent coaching can help parents gain a better understanding of their child's developmental needs and milestones, which can help them provide appropriate support and guidance.
4. More effective discipline strategies: Parent coaching can help parents learn effective discipline strategies that promote positive behavior and reduce negative behaviors.
5. Improved family dynamics: Parent coaching can help improve family dynamics by promoting open communication, positive reinforcement, and teamwork.
6. Better problem-solving skills: Parent coaching can help parents develop problem-solving skills that can be applied to a variety of parenting challenges, such as managing behavior, addressing family conflict, and navigating difficult transitions.
Overall, parent coaching can provide parents with the tools and support they need to be more effective parents and create a positive, healthy family environment.
Not usually. We support adults from the background, placing the healing in the hands of parents. We help parents maintain the authority with their children, which can dissipate if they see their parents being corrected. We also work best when we have our clients’ full attention, and they have ours.